Smallholder Enterprise Centre (SHEC)
Real IPM (Kenya) has a 2.5 Ha Smallholder Enterprise Centre (SHEC) in Thika where a wide range of agribusiness livelihood technologies are demonstrated. We host 2-hour farm walks for groups and individuals who want to raise their awareness about interesting new agricultural enterprises.
Book yourself or your farming group on a 2-hour educational Farm Tour which introduces you to all of the technologies and may inspire you to book on one of our one-day practical; trainings.
We offer the 2-hour Farm Tours every day starting at 9.30 am and the last tours start at 2.30 pm. Parties over 5 people should book in advance (Pay Bill Number 889100) and pay by MPesa. KES 500 per person. 10% discount for groups over 10 people.
Our one-day practical trainings cover a range of useful topics;
- Biological control of pests and diseases
- Bag farms for leafy vegetables, cpmpost production, plant propagation and biological control
- IPM fo tomatoes, tunnel & field systems, cpmpost production, plant propagation and biological control
- IPM for drip irrigated field vegetables, planting programmes, plant propagation and biological control
- IPM Kitchen gardening, planting programmes and propagation.
- Vermi-culture, bio-enhanced compost production & plant propagation.
- Hydroponic fodder, insect protein production for animal fodder, bag farms for animal fodder, perennial animal fodder
- Dairy goats, Dairy cows and bio-gas