Diagnosis: Whiteflies attack on tomatoes
- By : Hellen Kanyagha
- Country : Tanzania
- Date : August 9, 2018
IPM is recommend for better management of whiteflies. The following methods can be used in combination.
- Use of Bio pesticides such as Mazao Campaign
- Maintain good sanitation
- Plant tomatoes away from key white flies hosts such as melons
- Allow maximum time between harvest and subsequent planting of white flies host crops
- Avoid using a lot of nitrogen fertilizer
- Use physical barriers such as Greenhouse and Veg nets
- Use Yellow Sticky traps such as Entrap, Monitrap and Roller trap
- Use chemical pesticides only when absolutely necessary.
- Refer to the PCPB List for registered products against white flies.