Mazao CAMPAIGN ® is composed of spores of the insect pathogenic fungus Metarhizium anisopliae strain ICIPE 69 and is used to control Whiteflies, Mealy bugs and Thrips.
Metarhizium anisopliae strain ICIPE 69 is a ubiquitous, insect killing fungus from the soil.
Mazao CAMPAIGN is sold in various packages that vary based on the market;
Mode of action
Mazao CAMPAIGN contains live conidia as the active ingredient. The conidia germinate on contact with the cuticle of the insect, produce a penetrating germ tube and establish a systemic infection which kills the host in 7 to 21 days depending on conditions, especially temperature and dose.
Shake container well before use. Partially fill the spray tank with water, add required amount of Mazao CAMPAIGN while agitating and top up spray tank to the required volume.
Follow instructions on the label.
Application rate, timing and frequency
Apply at 200ml/ ha
- Ensure contents of bottle are completely in suspension by vigorous agitation prior to dispensing into spray tank. Continue agitation in the spray tank
- Metarhizium is killed by UV light. Optimum time to spray is late in the afternoon after 3 PM
- Spray on the lower parts of the plants and on the growing media.
- Also apply as a soil drench for control of soil borne and soil phases of insect pests.
- Do not spray to ‘run-off’
- Scout consistently and often. The best time to apply fungi is before pest populations reach their peak.
- Do not apply fungal products during droughts or dry spells since the environmental conditions will decrease their effectiveness.
- Apply fungal inoculum carefully to get effective coverage.
- Do not apply fungal products during the heat of the day since this will diminish the potency of the spores.
- Apply once a week
Seek advice from your Real IPM Consultant/Technical Assistant on suitable application rates and methods for your crop and growing system.
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
Store in tightly closed, original container, in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight
Refer to label for further storage instructions and expiry.