Mazao REGAIN® is a bio-fungicide containing Bacillus subtilis for the control of Powdery Mildew.
Bacilllus subtilis is a ubiquitous gram-positive bacterium. It is isolated from the soil and formulated as a bio-fungicide for the control of powdery mildew. In addition, Mazao Regain contains properties that promote plant growth hence classified as a bio fertilizer.
We sell Mazao Regain in various packages based on the market to suite farmers’ needs;
- 5 L
- 1 L
- 100 ml
Mode of action
It controls powdery mildew by inhibiting spore germination, disrupting the germ tube growth and interfering with the attachment the pathogen to the plant.
To obtain best results with Mazao Regain, start treatments early before disease pressures are too high.
Shake container well before use. Partially fill the spray tank with water, add required amount of Mazao Regain while agitating and top up spray tank to the required volume.
Follow instructions on the label.
Application rate and frequency of application
Apply 2 lt/ha weekly if powdery mildew pressures are high or if you are dealing with a highly susceptible variety.
Spray fortnightly if the pressures are medium to low. Alternating Regain with sulphur compounds can both prevent and cure powdery mildew.
Seek advice from your Real IPM Consultant/Technical Assistant on suitable application rates and methods for your crop and growing system.
Features and Benefits
Why use Mazao REGAIN®?
- It has Zero Pre-Harvest Interval. As a result, application is possible during harvesting season.
- Unique mode of Action makes it possible to control pests resistant to chemical pesticides.
- Very selective in target pests which is useful in IPM programmes which also rely on beneficial insects. Does not harm non-target species.
- Non phytotoxic at the recommended rate of application. Can be used of many varieties of horticultural crops at different stages of growth.
- Wide product compatibility allows it to be mixed with most products used on horticultural crops.
It can be tank mixed with all fungicides and insecticides. Check the compatibility chart for more information.
Store in a cool, dry place. Refer to label for further storage instructions and expiry.