Mazao SUPREME® is formulated as pure spores of the insect pathogenic fungus Metarhizium anisopliae strain ICIPE 62 used to control Aphids. Metarhizium anisopliae ICIPE 62 is an insect-killing fungus that occurs naturally in the soil.
Mazao SUPREME is sold in various packages that vary based on the market;
Mode of action
Mazao SUPREME contains live conidia as the active ingredient. The conidia germinate on contact with the cuticle of the insect, produce a penetrating germ tube and establish a systemic infection which kills the host in 7 to 21 days depending on conditions, especially temperature and dose.
Shake container well before use. Partially fill the spray tank with water, add required amount of Mazao SUPREME while agitating and top up spray tank to the required volume.
Follow instructions on the label.
Application rate, timing and frequency
Apply at 200ml/ ha
- Ensure contents of bottle completely in suspension by vigorous agitation prior to dispensing into spray tank. Continue agitation in the spray tank
- Metarhizium is killed by UV light. Optimum time to spray is late in the afternoon after 3 PM
- Do not spray to ‘run-off’
- Scout consistently and often. The best time to apply fungi is before pest populations reach their peak.
- Do not apply fungal products during droughts or dry spells since the environmental conditions will decrease their effectiveness.
- Apply fungal inoculum carefully to get effective coverage.
- Do not apply fungal products during the heat of the day since this will diminish the potency of the spores.
- Apply once a week.
Seek advice from your Real IPM Consultant/Technical Assistant on suitable application rates and methods for your crop and growing system.
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal. Store in tightly closed, original container, in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight Refer to label for further storage instructions and expiry.