Real Amblyseius Californicus
Real Californicus contains a predatory mite Amblyseius Californicus for the management of spidermites.
The predatory mite feeds on spider mites’ and broad mites’ eggs, nymphs and adults.
For local market, Real Californicus are packed in 250 ml and 500 ml bottles containing 12500, 25000 live Amblyseius californicus respectively.
Optimum environmental conditions
- Active within temperature range of 13-35°C.
- Total development time at 21°C is 10 days while at 30°C it reduces to 5 days.
- The predatory mite prefers low humidity
- These optimum environmental conditions align with those of the principal prey (spider mites), making it a perfect predator
5 – 10 predatory mites per square metre.
Timing of application
- Scout consistently and often. The best time to apply predatory mites is before pest populations reach their peak, so early application can increase their effectiveness.
- As with all biological control agents, Real Californicus works best as one component of a comprehensive integrated pest management (IPM) program;
Real IPM Programmes use regular low dose applications of Amblyseius californicus after the Pure Phytoseiulus Clean Up Programme in order to prevent pest mite resurgence.
Mode of Action
Pierces and suck out contents of prey.
- Fixed Price Contract: For a fixed fee per month, you are supplied under technical advice from Real IPM consultants as part of a comprehensive IPM Program.
- Product Only: Growers are supplied per order and do not require Real IPM Advisor field visits.
Seek more information on supply options and application rates by contacting us
As Real Californicus are live predators, it goes that they are sensitive to some pesticides applied on the crop.
Seek advice from Real IPM consultants/Technical Assistants before introduction and afterwards monitor your spray program by looking at the Sensitivity and Compatibility charts
- It is always better to use Real Californicus as soon as possible after receipt. If storage is unavoidable, keep at 10-15°C and at least 85% relative humidity for the shortest amount of time possible.
- Keep the product in a dark place away from direct sunlight with enough ventilation to avoid the narcotic effects of a possible CO2.
- Nevertheless, always introduce the predatory mites as soon as possible to prevent unpredictable temperature fluctuations!